Yu Um Chon's Kim Chee*
1 Napa cabbage
1 Korean (or daikon) radish, cut into matchsticks
1/2 C ground Korean hot pepper
1/4 C Korean salted shrimp
1 bulb of garlic, finely minced)
1 (three-inch) piece of fresh ginger root (minced)
1 bunch of scallions
salt and sugar to taste
Remove the cabbage from the salt bath, drain, and rinse. Combine all ingredients with the shredded radish in a large bowl. Season with salt and sugar to taste.
Layer the radish mix in between the cabbage leaves, place into a large glass or other non-reactive container, and allow it to sit for two to three days.
- 10 Japanese cucumbers (if you use bigger size one, 4-5 cucumbers.)
- 4 tablespoon salt
- chive finely chopped
- 10g scallions, finely chopped
- 20g onions, finely chopped
- 3-4 tablespoon red pepper threads
- 1 1/2 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt : adjust taste
- Cut the cucumbers into 1 1/2-inch (4-cm) thick rounds. Score a deep cross on one side of each round, taking care not to slice through completely.
- Place the cucumber pieces in a bowl and rub with 1 tablespoon salt. Allow to stand for 45-50 minutes to soften. Rinse under running water and drain.
- In a deep bowl, combine ingredients A. Add chive, scallion, onion in there
- Add 3 in the the deep cross in the cucumbers. Allow to stand for half days at room temperature and make cooler in refregirator before serving.
- КИМЧИ ТИГЕ – кимчи тушеное со свининой. (6)
- Дендян тиге или солянка из соевой пасты с мясом и овощами. (11)
- Кимчи поккум или свинина жаренная с кимчой. (26)
- Кактуги – кимчи из редьки. (14)